From the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP):
A live training webinar, “School Librarian’s Workshop: Federal Government Resources for K-12 / Taller para maestros de español: Recursos de gobierno federal para niveles K-12,” will be presented on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
Click here to register!
- Start time: 2:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Speaker: Jane Canfield, Coordinator of Federal Documents, Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico
- Learning outcomes: Are you a school librarian? Do you work with school librarians or children? The School Librarian’s Workshop will provide useful information for grades K-12, including Ben’s Guide to the U.S. Government and Kids.gov. The webinar will explore specific agency sites which provide information, in English and Spanish, appropriate for elementary and secondary school students. Teachers and school librarians will discover information on Federal laws and regulations and learn about resources for best practices in the classroom.
- Expected level of knowledge for participants: No prerequisite knowledge required.
Closed captioning will be available for this webinar.
The webinar is free, however registration is required. Upon registering, a confirmation email will be sent to you. This registration confirmation email includes the instructions for joining the webinar.
Registration confirmations will be sent from sqldba[at]icohere.com. To ensure delivery of registration confirmations, registrants should configure junk mail or spam filter(s) to permit messages from that email address. If you do not receive the confirmation, please notify GPO.
GPO’s eLearning platform presents webinars using WebEx. In order to attend or present at a GPO-hosted webinar, a WebEx plug-in must be installed in your internet browser(s). Download instructions.
Visit FDLP Academy for access to FDLP educational and training resources. All are encouraged to share and re-post information about this free training opportunity.
Latest posts by Stephen Mayeaux (see all)
- DOL extols benefits of workforce system collaboration with public libraries - May 5, 2016
- School librarian’s workshop: federal government resources for K-12 - April 26, 2016
- LIVE: Watch the confirmation hearing for Dr. Carla Hayden - April 19, 2016