Updated webinar registration information! (see below)
Figuring out whether state government documents are copyrighted is a tricky question. Copyright law has significant impact on the work libraries, digital repositories, and even state agencies, with regards to digitizing and web archiving state government information.
Free State Government Information (FSGI) http://stategov.freegovinfo.info/ has been steadily working to raise awareness and find pathways forward for policy change with regards to the copyright issue of state government publications.
Get the scoop from the FSGI at the next CopyTalk on February 4th at 2 pm Eastern/11 am Pacific.
This presentation will cover:
- who we are and why we are tackling copyright issues with state government
- specific state government information projects that academic, state, and digital libraries are engaged in that are impacted by copyright
- a way forward to address copyright policy in the states: Kyle Courtney’s 50 state survey of copyright policies, State Copyright Resource Center http://copyright.lib.harvard.edu/states/
For full bios see: http://stategov.freegovinfo.info/about
- Bernadette Bartlett, Library of Michigan, Michigan Documents Librarian
- Kyle Courtney, Copyright Advisor, Harvard University
- Kristina Eden, Copyright Review Program Manager, HathiTrust
- Kris Kasianovitz, Stanford University Library, Government Information
If we have more than 100 attendees, we are charged some ridiculous amount that will come out of my pay check! So we ask that attendees watch the webinar with colleagues when possible. To access the webinar, go here and register as a guest and you’re in!
Yes, it’s FREE because the Office for Information Technology Policy and the Copyright Education Subcommittee want to expand copyright awareness and education opportunities.
An archived copy will be available after the webinar.
Latest posts by Carrie Russell (see all)
- Library Copyright Alliance applauds new ACCESS to Recordings Act - May 23, 2018
- Another big step toward Marrakesh Treaty ratification - May 22, 2018
- Archived CopyTalk webinar now available - May 16, 2018