On March 25, 2015, the American Library Association’s Washington Office and the University of Maryland’s iPAC will host the free webinar “Baltimore’s Virtual Supermarket: Grocery Delivery to Your Library or Community Site.” During the webinar, library leaders will discuss Baltimore’s Virtual Supermarket Program, an innovative partnership between the Enoch Pratt Free Library, the Baltimore City Health Department and ShopRite. Through the Virtual Supermarket Program, customers can place grocery online orders at select libraries, senior apartment buildings, or public housing communities and have them delivered to that site at no added cost. In this webinar, you will learn about the past, present, and future of the Virtual Supermarket Program, as well as the necessary elements to replicate the program in your own community.
- Laura Flamm is the Baltimarket and Food Access Coordinator at the Baltimore City Health Department. In this role, Laura coordinates a suite of community-based food access programs that include the Virtual Supermarket Program, the Neighborhood Food Advocates Initiative, and the Healthy Stores Program. Laura holds a Master’s of Science in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Health, Behavior, and Society and a certificate in Community-Based Public Health. She believes that eating healthy should not be a mystery or a privilege.
- Eunice Anderson is Chief of Neighborhood Library Services for the Enoch Pratt Free Library. A Baltimore native, she has worked 36 years at Pratt Library coming up through the ranks from support staff to library professional. In the various positions she’s held, providing quality and enriching library services by assisting customers, supporting and leading staff, and community outreach, has kept her battery charged.
Webinar title: Baltimore’s Virtual Supermarket: Grocery Delivery to Your Library or Community Site
Date: March 25, 2015
Time: 2:00-3:00 p.m. EST
Latest posts by Jessica McGilvray (see all)
- Deadline approaching for Madison Award nominations - January 6, 2017
- ALA seeks nominations for 2017 James Madison awards - November 30, 2016
- Open Data – from EO to Law - November 16, 2016