In the past year, Americans from all walks of life turned to public libraries to learn more information about the federal health insurance marketplace. With the next open enrollment period spanning November 15, 2014 — February 15, 2015, there are more opportunities for libraries learn more about the health marketplace.
On September 24, 2014, WebJunction will offer a free webinar on the Affordable Care Act (Register now). This webinar will provide an overview of the 2015 open enrollment period and review opportunities to connect community members to health marketplace information through library service priorities and partnerships.
In this webinar, participants will receive an overview of objectives and resources for the 2015 open enrollment period from representatives from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Webinar participants will learn about the Coverage to Care initiative, which supports individuals in learning how to utilize health coverage, and review opportunities to connect community members to marketplace information through library service priorities and partnerships. Participate in the conversation online with the hashtags #wjwebinar and #libs4health.
- Cara V. James, director, Office of Minority Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Lynne G. Johnson, deputy group director, Partner Relations Group, Office of Communications, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Julie Kuchta, consumer health coordinator, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Date: September 24, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM — 3:00 PM EDT
Register for the free event
If you cannot attend this live session, a recorded archive will be available to view at your convenience. Sign up here if you’d like to receive notifications about this project, including when the archive is available.
Latest posts by Jazzy Wright (see all)
- Don’t miss NASA astronaut talk about exciting girls about science - June 14, 2016
- What makes a library entrepreneurship program great? - June 14, 2016
- What kinds of coding classes are offered in libraries? - June 13, 2016