Join the Edge Coalition at ALA Midwinter to learn about the completion of Edge Benchmarks Version 1.0 and get an update on the Initiative. The Edge Information Session will take place on Saturday, January 26th at 10:30 a.m. in Room 611-614 of the Washington State Convention Center.
The Coalition will share how we’ve used feedback we received from the library field to strengthen and improve the Edge benchmarks, when and how we plan to roll out the Initiative to the field and how you can get involved.
A panel of library leaders and Edge Coalition members will share their perspectives on why the Edge Initiative is an important leadership and planning tool for public libraries. Panelists include:
- Susan Allen, Director of Technology Services at Worthington Libraries (OH)
- John Bertot, Edge Coalition Member and Professor at Maryland’s iSchool
- Bob Bocher, Edge Coalition Member, ALA/OITP Fellow and Library Technology Consultant with the Wisconsin State Library
- Marcia Johnson, Library Director, Miami Public Library (OK); and Edge Pilot Library
The panel discussion will be moderated by Edge Senior Program Manager Jake Cowan.
Edge will help libraries evaluate public access technology services and advance digital inclusion in their communities. The Edge Initiative will provide tools and resources library leaders can use to engage staff and local government officials in understanding where the library stands in relation to its peers, highlight how public access technology helps achieve community goals, and identify new ways of conducting business through best practices.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013