Never fear: It’s online in full.
Some of the resources highlighted during the webinar include:
- Information and best practices from the Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative
- Peter Hirtle’s guide to copyright, “Copyright and Cultural Institutions: Guidelines for U.S. Libraries, Archives, and Museums,” which can be downloaded for free.
- The Perspectives paper that sparked the webinar
Watch the video to learn more for the panelists’ ideas on finding funding, figuring out technical specifications and leveraging community members’ expertise.
Please help us continue the conversation at Midwinter. OITP will host a panel of experts, moderated by Gwen Glazer and Jason Kucsma, at ALA’s Midwinter conference in Dallas on Saturday, Jan. 21 at 10:30 a.m.
At the session, “Ensuring Access to and Use of Digital Collections,” we’ll discuss how to ensure access to and discoverability of digitization projects after their creation, best practices for collaborating with other institutions and more. Please join us!
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013