Library advocates! There is still time to apply for this year’s White House Conference on Library and Information Services Taskforce (WHCLIST) award. Applications are due on April 1, 2016 (no joke!).
This award is granted to a non-librarian participant in National Library Legislative Day (NLLD). The winner receives a stipend of $300 and two free nights at the Liaison hotel.
The criteria for the WHCLIST Award are:
- The recipient should be a library supporter (trustee, friend, general supporter) and not a professional librarian.
Recipient should be a first-time attendee of NLLD.
- Representatives of WHCLIST and the ALA Washington office will choose the recipient. The ALA Washington Office will contact the recipient’s senators and representatives to announce the award. The winner of the WHCLIST Award will be announced at NLLD.
- The deadline for applications is April 1, 2016.
To apply for the WHCLIST award, please submit a completed NLLD registration form; a letter explaining why you should receive the award; and a letter of reference from a library director, school librarian, library board chair, Friend’s group chair, or other library representative to:
Grassroots Communications Coordinator
American Library Association
1615 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20009
Note: Applicants must register for NLLD and pay all associated costs. Applicants must make their own travel arrangements. The winner will be reimbursed for two free nights in the NLLD hotel in D.C and receive the $300 stipend to defray the costs of attending the event.
Latest posts by Lisa Lindle (see all)
- 2018 WHCLIST award accepting nominations - January 10, 2018
- Campus Vote shares ideas, resources for libraries - January 3, 2018
- Registration opens for National Library Legislative Day 2018 - December 1, 2017