National Library Legislative Day is May 4-5, 2015 and it will be here soon. Here are a few dates you should know:
- March 31st is the last day to receive the discount rate available at the Liaison Hotel as part of our room block.
- April 1st is the last day we are accepting nominations for the WHCLIST award.
- April 24th is the last day to register online for National Library Legislative Day
If you haven’t already, please take a moment to share the following information with your networks, on social media, and through any listservs you moderate. Encourage everyone to join us, and to pass the information along to friends and associates who may also be interested:
“It is so important to have library advocates in Washington, DC to participate in impactful face-to-face meetings. And in the wake of the sweeping changes to both the House and the Senate in the 2014 Congressional elections, it is more important than ever that library supporters rally together to speak up on behalf of libraries and the communities they serve.
This year, National Library Legislative Day will be held May 4-5, 2015. If you haven’t already, please take a moment to consider joining us this year. Registration information and the discount code for the hotel room block are both available on the ALA Washington Office website.
Know a non-librarian who gets fired up about library issues? First-time participants are eligible for a unique scholarship opportunity. The White House Conference on Library and Information Services Taskforce (WHCLIST) and the ALA Washington Office are calling for nominations for the 2015 WHCLIST Award. Recipients of this award receive a stipend ($300 and two free nights at a D.C. hotel) to a non-librarian participant in National Library Legislative Day.
The promotional video for National Library Legislative Day this year can be found here.
Any questions regarding National Library Legislative Day can be directed to the Washington Office Grassroots Communications Specialist, Lisa Lindle.
Latest posts by Lisa Lindle (see all)
- 2018 WHCLIST award accepting nominations - January 10, 2018
- Campus Vote shares ideas, resources for libraries - January 3, 2018
- Registration opens for National Library Legislative Day 2018 - December 1, 2017