Today, the Department of Labor will host a webinar that will outline and discuss suggested activities states should undertake to comply with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) beginning immediately through July 1, 2015. This session has limited space so please register quickly.
During the webinar “WIOA Technical Assistance Webinar- Jump-Starting Your Implementation,” speakers will highlight areas where states have existing authority to take action to comply with WIOA, as well as provide technical assistance, based on statutory requirements, on additional areas in which states are encouraged to move forward in the transition from Workforce Investment Act to WIOA.
- Adele Gagliardi, Administrator, Office of Policy Development and Research, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
- Christine Quinn, Special Assistant, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
- Lori H. Collins, Director, Division of Workforce & Employment Services,
- Kentucky Career Center
- Mike Riley, ETPL lead, Division of Workforce & Employment Services, Kentucky Career Center
- Lisa Salazar, Director, City of Los Angeles OneSource, Youth Opportunity System
- Thomas Colombo, Assistant Director, Division of Employment & Rehabilitation Services, Interim Deputy, State of Arizona
- Alice Sweeney, Director, Department of Career Services, State of Massachusetts
- Scott C. Fennell, Chief Operation and Financial Officer, Career Source Florida
- Moderator: Maggie Ewell, Policy and Reporting Team Lead Office of Grants Management, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Date: December 9, 2014
Time: 2:00pm ET (1:00pm/Central, 12:00pm/Mountain, 11:00am/Pacific)
Join the webinar
The ALA Washington Office does not know if the webinar will be archived. Contact the Department of Labor with questions about the webinar.