To follow up on the October 27th webinar “$2.2 Billion Reasons to Pay Attention to WIOA,” the American Library Association (ALA) today releases a list of resources and tools that provide more information about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act allows public libraries to be considered additional One-Stop partners, prohibits federal supervision or control over selection of library resources and authorizes adult education and literacy activities provided by public libraries as an allowable statewide employment and training activity.
- Have additional questions about WIOA? Access additional WIOA resources (pdf)
- Missed the October ALA WIOA webinar? Watch the archived WIOA webinar now (Note: You must download the WebEx media player to view the video)
- Download PowerPoint slides from the webinar (ppt)
Subscribe to the District Dispatch, ALA’s policy blog, to be alerted to when additional WIOA information becomes available.
Latest posts by Emily Sheketoff (see all)
- Financial education resources for library staff - December 7, 2016
- ConnectED Library Card Challenge seeks new recruits - December 5, 2016
- Tax Forms Outlet Program deadline approaches - November 23, 2016