Reminder: The American Library Association (ALA) is encouraging librarians to participate in “My SSA,” a free webinar that will teach participants how to use My Social Security (MySSA), the online Social Security resource.
Do you know how to help your patrons locate information on Supplemental Security Income or Social Security? Presented by leaders and members of the development team of MySSA, this session will provide attendees with an overview of MySSA. In addition to receiving benefits information in print, the Social Security Administration is encouraging librarians to create an online MySSA account to view and track benefits.
Attendees will learn about viewing earnings records and receiving instant estimates of their future Social Security benefits. Those already receiving benefits can check benefit and payment information and manage their benefits.
- Maria Artista-Cuchna, Acting Associate Commissioner, External Affairs
- Kia Anderson, Supervisory Social Insurance Specialist
- Arnoldo Moore, Social Insurance Specialist
- Alfredo Padilia Jr., Social Insurance Specialist
- Diandra Taylor, Management Analyst
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Time: 2:00 PM — 3:00 PM EDT
Register for the free event
Latest posts by Jessica McGilvray (see all)
- Deadline approaching for Madison Award nominations - January 6, 2017
- ALA seeks nominations for 2017 James Madison awards - November 30, 2016
- Open Data – from EO to Law - November 16, 2016