How much do you know about the American Library Association’s (ALA) efforts to advance ebook access in libraries? Learn about recent ebook activities and future plans for digital content more broadly during the session “ALA and Moving Ahead with Digital Content,” a program that takes place during the 2014 American Library Association Annual Conference in Las Vegas. The ALA Digital Content Working Group will host the session on Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room N255/257.
During this program, a panel of experts will explore future directions and important digital content trends, including key policy issues that impact libraries. The session will include an interactive question-and-answer period, and attendees are welcome to provide their thoughts on these important issues.
- Chair: Sari Feldman, incoming ALA president-elect, executive director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library and Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Moderator: Robert Wolven, Columbia University associate university librarian and ALA Digital Content Working Group co-chair
- Paige Bentley-Flannery, community librarian, Deschutes Public Library (Oregon)
- Alan S. Inouye, director of the American Library Association’s Office for Information Technology Policy
- James Neal, member of the American Library Association’s Executive Board and vice president of Columbia University
Use the hashtag #digi14 during the session. View all ALA Washington Office Conference sessions.