The Library of Congress Center for the Book is now accepting applications for its 2014 Library of Congress Literacy Awards Program, an award that honors three organizations that have made outstanding contributions to increasing literacy in the United States and abroad. The three award winners will be announced during the National Book Festival on August 30, 2014, followed by an awards ceremony and formal presentations by the winners at the Library of Congress in October.
More on the awards:
- $150,000: The David M. Rubenstein Prize will be awarded to an organization that has made outstanding and measurable contributions in increasing literacy levels and has demonstrated exceptional and sustained depth and breadth in its commitment to the advancement of literacy. The organization will meet the highest standards of excellence in its operations and services. This award may be given to any organization based either inside or outside the United States.
- $50,000: The American Prize will be awarded to an organization that has made a significant and measurable contribution to increasing literacy levels or the national awareness of the importance of literacy. This award may be given to any organization that is based in the United States.
- $50,000: The International Prize will be awarded to an organization or national entity that has made a significant and measurable contribution to increasing literacy levels. This award may be given to any organization that is based in a country outside the United States.
The program is accepting applications from now until March 31, 2014. To learn more, download the application. We hope that you will share this information with any groups that might be interested and consider either applying on behalf of your own organization or nominating another group.
The Library of Congress Literacy Awards Program is administered by the Center for the Book. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Latest posts by Jazzy Wright (see all)
- Don’t miss NASA astronaut talk about exciting girls about science - June 14, 2016
- What makes a library entrepreneurship program great? - June 14, 2016
- What kinds of coding classes are offered in libraries? - June 13, 2016