Want to learn more about the current digital publishing climate or hear about efforts made by the American Library Association to advocate for library interests in the book world? Register now for the American Library Association’s Virtual Town Hall on Ebooks, a free interactive online session that will take place from 11 a.m.-12:00p.m. Central time on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013. Register now as space is limited.
- Barbara Stripling, ALA president;
- Maureen Sullivan, ALA immediate past president;
- Keith Michael Fiels, ALA executive director;
- Sari Feldman, executive director of the Cuyahoga County Public Library and DCWG co-chair;
- Robert Wolven, associate university librarian of Columbia University and DCWG co-chair;
- Alan S. Inouye, director of ALA’s Office for Information Technology Policy.
The virtual town hall will explore emerging subjects in the ebook lending arena, including digital preservation, reader accessibility, self-publisher engagement and libraries as publishers. An audience question-and-answer period will immediately follow the panel discussion. Register now.
Archive status: The webinar will be archived. District Dispatch subscribers will be emailed the link to the archived webinar immediately after the event takes place.