As libraries look ahead to the October 1st open enrollment date for the health insurance marketplace, there is an abundance of information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and many opportunities for libraries. IMLS is working with the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare, and with WebJunction and ZeroDivide, to provide library staff with the online resources and community contacts they will need to respond to questions about the Marketplace.
One of the key roles that federal depository libraries can play is to maintain an awareness of available resources in your area, and develop an approach for connecting patrons to those resources in the way that makes the most sense for your community.
Please join us for this interactive session on Monday, September 23, 2013, where we will discuss strategies for libraries to identify ACA resources, hear from a Federal Depository member library that is working to prepare for patron requests, and obtain key policy and resource updates from ACA experts.
WHAT: Interactive webinar “Federal Depository Libraries and the Affordable Care Act”
WHEN: Monday, September 23, 2013, 2:00-3:00p.m. EST
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Susie Butler, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Kendra Morgan, WebJunction
- Robbie Sittel, Tulsa City/County Public Library
If you cannot attend this live session, a recorded archive will be available to view at your convenience. Please sign up here if you’d like to receive notifications about this project, including when the archive is available.
Please note that this is session is geared towards Federal Depository Libraries and the ACA. If you are a public library, archived webinars that highlight options and information for public library engagement are available on WebJunction.
Latest posts by Jazzy Wright (see all)
- Don’t miss NASA astronaut talk about exciting girls about science - June 14, 2016
- What makes a library entrepreneurship program great? - June 14, 2016
- What kinds of coding classes are offered in libraries? - June 13, 2016