September is Disaster Preparedness Month and libraries can help your community get prepared. If your library is doing any programming, here are some links with good information, or just link to them from your library’s site:
- The Heritage Preservation Task force recommends that you plan for any disaster and use these tips.
- The federal government has information about what your patrons can do personally and for their family/friends.
- The Heritage Preservation also offers this help on “Information on Major Disasters.”
For general resources to help at heritageemergency.org.
Emily Sheketoff, Executive Director, ALA Washington Office
Latest posts by Emily Sheketoff (see all)
- Financial education resources for library staff - December 7, 2016
- ConnectED Library Card Challenge seeks new recruits - December 5, 2016
- Tax Forms Outlet Program deadline approaches - November 23, 2016