The ALA Presidential Task Force for Equitable Access to Electronic Content (EQUACC) has established a blog and forum to invite commentary on the work of the Task Force and to discuss more generally libraries’ role in providing free and confidential access to e-content for the public. The Task Force has divided its work into five categories:
- Accessibility — issues, trends, education on providing accessible content to people with disabilities
- Public Relations — building more support and awareness that libraries play an essential role in the e-content world
- Model Projects — case studies of libraries trying different models for providing accessible content
- Environmental Scan — the need to better understand the existing market and future trends that libraries should be aware of
- Licensing — exploring new and emerging business models for obtaining content from authors, publishers, and vendors
We welcome all to initiate discussion, ask questions, and provide feedback in the web site forums where each issue is highlighted.