The Department of Homeland Security announces the availability of IS-906, Workplace Security Awareness, a no-cost training course developed by the Office of Infrastructure Protection Sector-Specific Agency Executive Management Office.
Access IS-906 on the Federal Emergency Management Agency Emergency Management Institute Web site.
The online training provides guidance to individuals and organizations on how to improve security in the workplace. The course is self-paced and takes about an hour to complete. This comprehensive cross-sector training is appropriate for a broad audience regardless of knowledge and skill level. The course promotes workplace security practices applicable across all 18 critical infrastructure sectors. The training uses innovative multimedia scenarios and modules to illustrate potential security threats. Threat scenarios include:
- Access & Security Control
- Criminal & Suspicious Activities
- Workplace Violence
- Cyber Threats
The course also featuresinteractive knowledge reviews, employee tools, and additional resources.
Upon completion of Workplace Security Awareness, employees will be able to:
- Identify potential risks to workplace security
- Describe measures for improving workplace security
- Determine the actions to take in response to a security situation
A certificate is given to participants who complete the entire course.
For more information about Office of Infrastructure Protection training courses, contact: IP_Education@hq.dhs.gov.
For more information on the DHS Office of Infrastructure Protection: www.dhs.gov/criticalinfrastructure.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013