URGENT ALERT: More calls needed: Tell all House members to vote NO on the Garrett amendment #35 to the Continuing Resolution FY2011 that would cut all funding for the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
E-mail via Capwiz or call your representative at (202) 224-3121 today and tell him or her to oppose Amendment #35 to the Continuing Resolution!
Amendment #35, submitted by U.S. Rep. Scott Garret (R-NJ), seeks to zero out the Institute of Museum and Library Services, eliminating all federal funding in the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).
Message to Your Representative:
- Libraries are essential to every community, and federal funding is critical for ensuring library resources and services remain available to their constituents.
- LSTA supports all kinds of libraries including school, academic, and public libraries.
- Public libraries are the primary source of no-fee access to the Internet and are active in assisting the public with online job searches, e-government services, and lifelong learning.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013