The Improving Literacy through School Libraries (LSL) program is looking for reviewers for this year’s discretionary grant competition. The honorarium for participating in this year’s review will be no less than $750. If you are interested please forward your resume for consideration to the following e-mail address: LSLresumesubmit@seiservices.com. Deadline to submit resumes for consideration is today: Tuesday, March 16, 2010.
Please consider the following as you make sure decision:
- ED will be using the e-Reader electronic online review system.
- All reviewers must be available to participate on peer review panels from May 3-14, 2010. During this time, readers will be assigned 15 applications, which MUST be read, commented on, scored, and uploaded into the e-Reader system.
- Panel discussions will be held via toll-free teleconference. During the review process, reviewers will be expected to be available for each conference call during the panel discussions period May 7-14, 2010. Reviewers will be expected to finalize their comments after receiving feedback from panel monitors and the Department of Education.
- All panel monitors (to be determined at a later date) will have to attend the following training session: Tuesday, April 13th: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- All readers must be available to attend ONE of the training sessions listed below.
- Tuesday, April 6th: 10:00 am – 11:30 am (EDT)
- Wednesday, April 7th: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm (EDT)
- Thursday, April 8th: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm (EDT)
- Friday, April 9th: 1:00pm – 2:30 pm (EDT)
For questions pertaining to the LSL program, please contact Pilla Parker, Pilla.Parker@ed.gov.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013