On August 24, the IRS will be sending out a letter regarding changes to the Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP). The letter, which is available for download here (PDF) notes the following program changes:
- Publication 1132, Volumes 1 & 2, Reproducible Copies of Federal Tax Forms, will have independent indexes and reduced page count; a place holder will be included to inform customers to request frequently used forms (to ensure forms in high demand remain available, some outlets remove them from the publication and have customers ask for them); and in response to concerns, the publication will be printed on more durable paper.
- Plans 750 and 1500 have changed to Plans 1000 and 2000.
- Publication 4604, Use the Web for IRS Tax Products and Information, which provides ordering information and other useful links is available upon request on the enclosed order blank. This publication replaces the Publication 3201 bookmark.
- Publication 4607, TFOP Quick Reference Guide, which provides you with program information is included as part of this letter. This publication is not intended for distribution purposes.
- Publication 4596, IRS Tax Products Referral Poster, which allows outlets to personalize their information or refers customers to alternate locations to obtain tax products. The publication can be downloaded and printed from www.irs.gov or the TFOP
- Form 9383, Fax Order Blank for TFOP Reorders, is now available on the TFOP web page.
- Publication 1194, Volumes 1 & 2, Taxpayers Information Publications, page count will be reduced and the publication will no longer be available after this tax year.
- Publication 1132 Binder is no longer available.
The IRS further reports that it has experienced problems sending important information via e-mail. They request that all program participants send an email to their (the IRS’) server in order to extract and save your correct e-mail address. This requires that you send an email with the information cited below. This e-mail will be handled by an automated process and cannot reply.
1. On the To: line, type “LOOK@PUBLISH.NO.IRS.GOV”
2. On the Subject: line, type “TFOP EMAIL ACCOUNT: + account
Subject: TFOP EMAIL ACCOUNT: 123456A
If you have questions, please call the IRS at (800) 829-2765. Again, the IRS’ letter is available for download here (PDF).