The ALA Washington Office is seeking 50 volunteers for Library Day on the Hill! Volunteers will have the unique opportunity to join thousands of librarians who will walk the corridors of Capitol Hill and show the value of libraries to Members of Congress. A description of volunteer posts and duties appears below.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Greet participants and direct them to buses;
- Distribute free T-shirts;
- Direct participants to Congressional Office Buildings;
- Distribute informational handout to event participants;
- Be in front of each Congressional Building directing participants to their representatives’ offices and answer questions.
Two training and briefing sessions will be held for volunteers on Monday, June 25, in the Convention Center, Room 204-C.
- First Session: 1:30 – 2:15 p.m.
- Second Session: 2:30 – 3:15 p.m.
For more information on volunteering or to volunteer please send an email to Erin Haggerty at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013