The ALA Washington Office recently updated its Grants page with several exciting opportunities; most notably, the Teaching American History Grant Program:
Local educational agencies (LEAs), including charter schools that are considered LEAs under state law and regulations, that must work in partnership with one or more of the following entities:
* An institution of higher education.
* A non-profit history or humanities organization.
* A library or museum.
Estimated Available Funds:
The Administration has requested $50,000,000 for this program for FY 2007. The actual level of funding, if any, depends on final Congressional action.
The following maximum award amounts are from the notice of final selection criteria and other application requirements for this program, published in the Federal Register on April 15, 2005 (70 FR 19939).
1. Total funding for a three-year project period is a maximum of $500,000 for LEAs with enrollments of less than 20,000 students; $1,000,000 for LEAs with enrollments of 20,000-300,000 students; and $2,000,000 for LEAs with enrollments above 300,000 students.
2. A maximum of one grant will be awarded per applicant per competition.
Estimated Number of Awards:
Up to 36 months.
* Applications Available: January 8, 2007.
* Deadline for Notice of Intent to Apply: February 7, 2007.
* Pre-Application Meeting: A pre-application meeting for prospective applicants will be held in January 2007 in Washington, DC. Further information on the date, time, and location will be made available through a notice published in the Federal Register and through the Teaching American History web site.
* Deadline for Transmittal of Applications: March 9, 2007.
* Deadline for Intergovernmental Review: May 8, 2007.
Latest posts by Jacob Roberts (see all)
- The 113th Congress and the Library Community [webinar archive] - January 24, 2013
- The ALA honors five local libraries for offering cutting-edge services - January 22, 2013
- Are you attending ALA Midwinter? Join us for the Edge Update on Saturday, Jan. 26 - January 15, 2013